Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

top ten Bookish People

This week, we are to list ten Bookish People we would like to meet.  I did think about this one quite a bit... I chose the ones I truly would like to meet - or simply to be in their presence, or to thank them for the wonderful books they have written.  I have included some of my favorite bloggistas as well as authors.


...and here they are!
Top Ten Bookish People You Want To Meet

Meg from Write Meg.  I would love to meet Meg.  I love her writing style, I enjoy her reviews on book, and find that I like similar books.  Plus, I would love to learn more about photography from her, as I always enjoy her Wordless Wednesdays.

Alyssa Goodnight, author of Austentatious.  Alyssa seems so quirky, and I think we would be friends if we knew one another – plus, I would take her out for gluten free cupcakes – since I am always trying to find gluten free yummies as well.

Sarah Strohmeyer, author of many books that I have devoured.  She would be great to have a two martini lunch with, and I am sure that much laughter would ensue.

Lauren Willig, author of the Pink Carnation series.  In truth, I did meet her, but would love the chance to spend more than three minutes with her as she is signing my book at a book fair.  She is a very intelligent woman (graduated Harvard Law School) with a very unique personality.  

Liz and Lisa from Chick Lit is Not Dead.  I love their author interviews, and I want to hug them for sending me a few books from book giveaways that I have won from their site.  Plus, it would be fun to just sit back and watch the two of them work on their blog.  It sounds like they have a neat relationship.

Dana Huff from Much Madness in the Divinest Sense.  I have no idea what her blog title means and I would love to ask her.  She is an English teacher, and it would be nice to meet a fellow book lover who also teaches.

Richard Bach, the author.  I would love to thank him for his books that have changed my perspective on life with Jonathan Livingstone Seagull, Illusions, and his Bridge Across Forever series.  It would be inspiring to talk with someone who believes in the power of the spirit and finding one’s soul mate (as I have been lucky enough to have done so, as well!)

Dr. Seuss – who wouldn’t want to meet the man who shaped our childhood?  From the fantastic drawing to the awesome stories, I think he would have been one cool cat to chat with!

Meredith of Austenesque Reviews.  She seems so sweet and would be lovely to talk with.  I know that she loves anything Jane Austen and it would be wonderful to learn more from her.  Plus, I could tell her in person how wonderful she is for putting together the Jane Austen Extravaganza for the second year in a row!

Jane Austen, of course.  Wouldn’t it have been wonderful to have been invited to a dinner party where she a guest?  To hear her wit in person, I am sure, would have been like watching a great master paint.  

Who would you like to meet, and why?  I would love to see your list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...